NO BS: No Such Thing As Too Late

share on:

It’s been a long while since I wrote and since then a lot of water has passed under the bridge. I mean since D’banj’s “ Matini” remix of “Kukere”, Tonto Dike’s “ Hi” and that moment “ Burna Boy” missed the sign saying “ This is the end of the stage “

Trust me, this article is about none of the things I mentioned above but an article motivated by Brandy.

I love Brandy and I love her music more. Brandy’s “ Nothing” is a life long favorite, if you don’t have it, get it. My friends say that I am a song killer. You know that type of person that falls in love with a song, then play it on repeat countless times until you start hating the song?

Funny thing is, I don’t ever get tired of such songs. I’ve been playing Brandy’s  “ No Such Thing As Too late” off her “Two Eleven” album. I played it so much that it plays on repeat in my mind while asleep.

So Today in Church, at some point, the song started playing in my head and to get my mind back into the service, I started looking around for something different to occupy my mind with and that was when I noticed the over 70 Years old couples around me.

There were about 3 different over 70 years couples around and all of them had their wedding bands on. The sight of those people got me thinking about the present generation.

Few Nights ago, I ran into a lady that her wedding was the talk of town about 3 years ago. They had a lot of people flew in from “the abroad” to attend their wedding. I saw her in the club with her former “single ladies” friends and her boobs pushed up covering the space made for her neck.

She’s single again with two kids and back to weed smoking. The Present generation has no regard for the institution of marriage. We are more interested in the “ For better “ and out of the house at the signal of “ The worse “ We are too quick to put an end a long business plan, courtship, relationship or marriage without giving it our best shot.

I’ve heard people argue about how different the days of our fathers were and the present time. The truth is that, the only thing that has changed, is the price of Tomato. Our mothers went to school; they got degrees too but were never eager to become single mothers so that no man will boss them around.

Our fathers didn’t have Facebook or Twitter but they knew the importance of not beating their wives. Even though their pastors did not come to church in private jets, they still believed in God. We don’t work hard for what we want. We give up way too easily

We keep looking over the neighbor fence to check out the green lawn We pay so much attention to the 2% negative side of people, throwing in the bin the other 98% positive side of same person. Most people don’t want to compromise so they won’t be seen as the weaker party. Couples fight over intangible issues such as “Who pressed the toothpaste from the center instead of the end”

No one said it was going to be easy. Life as we know it throws all sorts at you and you are not even given a notice on when and how you are going to get out of it.

I see people going through things in Life. Some of us lost our jobs and no one seem to be willing to employ us again. Some of us have slept our way up the ladder and we are at that stage that we need to prove our knowledge of the job. Some of us for some reason are losing the love we have for our husbands/ wives

Some of us are in marriages and still expecting the fruit of the womb. Some of us don’t know when or how the next meal will come We are all going through something

Here’s what I think, Whatever the current situation is, you can get over it. Do not be too quick to throw in the towel. Reflect of the good side of things/people. In every relationship, it takes two willing people to make it work. Whenever you are about to give up, just think, “ Have I really given this my best shot?“

I once asked a woman I love “ What do I do when everything else seems not to be working “. She said “ Pray”. I prayed with the self-promise of “Never giving up” Listen to Brandy ‘There’s no such thing as Too Late “

Go tell someone you love him or her and mean it

Happy Sunday


Noble Igwe

Noble Igwe

Nobs is a SLU…shh trust fund kid who works just to exercise his body and mind. He’s “Unruly” but as calm as the “ABE” boys. Referred to as FYI (Fly, Young and Igbo) by his friends, Nobs says iT tHe wAy iT iS. Follow him on Twitter @nobsdaslushhkid Enough of the English language……..My name is Noble Igwe,go figure!


  1. You again…pssssst! Abeg bring back the good writers. Franque, Chidinma, Jazz.

    You have been gone too long to unimpress with this piece.

    Short rubbish bamboo.

Leave a Response

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.