Hello guys! One of the reasons Nigerians are converting to Chinese meals is because of the chilli sauce you find in the menu. It has become one of the favorites because it’s spicy and hot. It is available with Lobster, Prawns, shrimps, beef, fish and chicken. Although Chinese meals are expensive, they are healthy and worth your treat very often!
If you are a lover of chilli then this one is for you.This sauce when cooked properly, they are absolutely delicious! I hope you enjoy this recipe
- 4 Boneless chicken
- Green onion
- red pepper
- Cooking oil to fry
- 2 tablespoon oyster
- 1/4 garlic cloves, grated
- Ginger, you can use fresh grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar/white maggi
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 2 cup chicken broth/water
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 4 tablespoons chili sauce (to taste)
- Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon corn flour to thick sauce
- Dice the boneless chicken and pieces into cube sizes
- Take 1tablespoon Soya sauce, 1tablespoon corn flour, salt, egg in a bowl and marinate chicken pieces in the mixture for about 10-15 minutes
- Roughly Heat oil and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown.
- Now in a separate wok heat 1 tablespoon oil and add grated garlic and ginger for few seconds.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth or water. Bring to boil and add chilli sauce, salt , ajinomoto, oyster and remaining Soya sauce.
- Add fried chicken pieces to it and cook for few minutes. Add green onion,red pepper and onions
- Dissolve the remaining corn flour in 1/2 cup water and add to the sauce but stir regularly to avoid lumps.
- Add sesame oil to enhance the flavour
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnished with chopped green onion.
Chinese chilli chicken goes well with steamed / fried rice.